Rigging Development TD
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Method Studios is currently in search of a Rig Developer TD with a focus in animation and character technology to join the Rigging team.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Create and develop scripts and plugins for the Rigging department.
• R&D new deformation approaches, advanced methods to create rigs, and enhance existing Maya toolsets using python and Maya API.
• Must have good tools design logic. Keep things as simple as possible while creating complex projects.
• Experience working with FACS based facial rigging system is a plus.
• Work in partnership with the Rigging team to come up with advanced but technically sound solutions to enhance our character technology and creation processes.
• Preferable a minimum 3 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production.
• Strong programming skills. Must know Python and C very well. Experience with MEL is helpful.
• Strong knowledge and experience with the Maya API and creating plugins.
• Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D.
• Strong Maya production experience a big plus.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and grow further.
• Must be a self starter. Solid time and project management skills.
• Must be willing to take direction well, a good team player, and have good work ethics.