Method StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 11:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Production Coordinator jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Production Manager, Visual Effects, the Senior VFX Coordinator is responsible for the management of information flow during a project. Taking client requests, recording client notes, and monitoring the progress of the crew are all part of the daily responsibilities of the Senior VFX Coordinator.
In addition, the Senior VFX Coordinator serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
· Work with production team and Pipeline to set up Shotgun.
· Ensure clear file structure is in place, create shot directories for all shots. As show progresses, keep on top of new directory needs, and work with artists to create directories when necessary.
· Participate in show set-up meetings, take notes from these meetings and confirm that all stages of set-up are documented and assigned.
· Introduce new artists to Shotgun and timesheets, ensure the crew is familiar with show procedures. Ensure that all crew are added to appropriate email groups.
· Work with Method IO to set up data transfer procedures. Upload and download material from ftp site / aspera, or establish how Method IO will handle downloads if appropriate.
· Monitor plate turnover dates and liaise with studio data team when plates come in.
· Maintain list of all roto and matchmove requests and target dates and completion status. Liaise with roto/mm coordinator to set priorities.
· Maintain database of shot data to include all material sent from client and request any missing material from client.
· Set up and maintain shot board.
· Work with supervisor and producer to create dailies playlist. Work with editor to prepare dailies material before artists are in the theatre. Notify relevant artists when it is time to be in dailies. Let crew know if dailies is canceled or delayed.
· Take notes during dailies and review with supervisor before publishing to the crew. Ensure all dailies notes are input into Shotgun and emailed to relevant artists and established email groups.
· Book rooms for client calls and meetings, and maintain all calendar events per production team.
· Set up cinesync sessions with proper playlist material established by client and supervisor. Save and file all notes and cinesync images, review with supervisor and distribute appropriately.
· Participate in daily production meetings and artist rounds with production team and follow up on notes and action items that come from these.
· Walk the floor, gather artist needs, follow-up on action items. Have a general idea of what the team is working on; inform producer/supervisor when they know of issues that are happening on the floor.
· Maintain current list of all shots statuses and task assignments (through Shotgun and other means.)
· Make sure artists are aware of targets and assure that they have all info and materials they need, and help them get it if they don’t.
· Create daily posting targets list and ensure all relevant artists are aware of targets. Maintain communication to know when material is ready for review by supervisor, and notify producer if any targets will be missed
· Complete submission forms per client specifications, and submit with every submission to client. Fling shots for delivery to client, prep any paper work that needs to go with it and update shotgun to reflect what’s been delivered.
· Collect client feedback and input into Shotgun, and notify relevant artists and email groups
· Manage render farm priorities: work with crew to establish render needs, and with studio wranglers to ensure that available resource matches needs.
· Collect timesheets from crew, ensure they’re all complete and pass to producer for review and approval.
· Help with ordering / organizing lunch / dinner when working OT
On completion of project, ensure that all shot finals and plates are copied to the studio library/finals area.