Pipeline TD - Show
Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Show Technical Director is involved in the planning and support of the technical aspects of a given show or shows. Working closely under the direction of the CG, Comp and/or VFX Supervisor(s), the Show Technical Director collaborates with other leads to ensure a smooth technical process on the show. He or she will write application specific tools, or show specific pipeline tools as required, solve problems for non-technical artists and otherwise be the first response person for any technical issues on the show(s) he or she is assigned to.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supporting existing in-house tools and frameworks.
• Developing tools using third party and open-source software.
• Extending and integrating asset tracking frameworks and artist tools.
• Supporting and optimizing rendering workflows.
• Supporting users on Linux and Mac OS X.
• Strong knowledge of Python.
• Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting.
• Good Experience with Maya and Nuke APIs.
• Good understanding of VFX colour workflows.
• Ability to problem solve unsupervised and recommend technical solutions.
• Ability to learn new technologies as required.
• Willingness to learn existing in-house frameworks
• Positive can-do attitude and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Absolute requisite is:
• At least 5 years industry experience in a similar role.
• Undergraduate degree/diploma in a related technology discipline.
In addition, experience of any of the following is highly desirable:
• VFX Post Production for Feature Films - processes, techniques, technologies and software.
• Supporting and developing tools for:
• Asset tracking
• Character/crowd pipeline
• QuickTime generation
• Familiarity with the APIs and use of:
• Arnold, V-Ray
• Programming experience in C
• Familiarity with developing on OS X platform
• SQL and NoSQL databases