Pipeline Lead - Production Services
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Method pipeline leads help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The Production Services Pipeline Lead has purview over everything within the Information Systems realm. This includes broadly:
• Timecard integration
• HR production reports
• Production web framework / UIs
• Time logging
• Artist and resource scheduling tools
• Forecasting tools for resources
• Web UIs for show creation, show archival
• Data backup and recovery tools
• Web development
• Lead all projects withing the Information Systems area of the pipeline.
• Meet with Information Systems department leadership to identify issues and discuss priorities.
• Meet weekly with Head of Software and Project Manager for site to prioritize and schedule Information Systems development tasks.
• Run regular ''stand-up'' meetings with developers for active development projects to confirm expected progress and identify issues.
• Work with developers to standardize central libraries.
• Architect, design, and plan software development.
• Guide other developers in building and implementing complex projects.
• Amend department standards over time based on needs.
• Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
• Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support about Information Systems pipeline.
• Meet one-on-one with each Information Systems developer on a regular basis to provide and receive feedback.
Work with developers to setup demos and communicate updates, new tools, and bugs to all of production.
• Quarterly travel to other Method sites to meet with developers and users.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of Python, C , or other development experience.
• Experience with one or more web frameworks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with VFX applications (Shotgun, RV, Flame, Avid, Nuke, Maya, Houdini).
• Familiarity with Shotgun or Ftrack.
• Familiarity with render farm software.
• Experience leading development teams.
• Expertise in C and shell scripting.
• Warm, welcoming personality.