Method StudiosVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 11:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for DFX Supervisor jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all DFX Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
The Digital Effects (DFX) Supervisor ensures throughput of shots towards timely completion, via client’s approval, and maintains a functioning environment where the DFX Supervisor and client can focus on artistic performance without technology hindrance. The DFX Supervisor works with the VFX Supervisor, Producer and Production Manager and is responsible for developing a strong, flexible CG and 2D pipeline. This includes developing, maintaining (or approving) techniques, provide team-building through developing structure, lead artists roles and responsibilities. The DFX Supervisor also works with the Project Coordinator and Producer to facilitate scheduling of artists and resources and works with the VFX Supervisors to provide artistic and technical notes to the team. R&D, following CG elements from concept through final comp and overseeing all elements created by the CG team is also part of this role. The DFX Supervisor may be called upon to work “on the box” as an artist as show size and needs require.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Visual Targets and Quality
• Addresses the body of work arriving from scanning. Previews for initial colour correction requirements and initial shot composite requirements.
• Monitors shot continuity in all aspects of quality control including final colour correction for timeable delivery.
• View reels / recommend artists for interview
• Attend interviews / interview candidates
• Recommend candidates for hiring in consultation with leads
• ensure leads are fluent with production techniques
• Define crew training plans with leads
• Oversee training of new team members
• One-on-one training with team members
• Assist leads where necessary with training
• Facilitate production needs of every team member
• Correct and caution team members as necessary
• Maintain team morale / provide incentives
• Test new techniques and technology as necessary
• Help leads and crew develop “one-off” techniques as necessary
Scheduling and Daily Work
• Team scheduling and shifts with Production team
• Monitors resources, throughout each day, and delegates work priorities based on fluctuations in schedule and shot progress.
• Oversees the management of the render farm and resource workload. Monitors render queue and reviews previous night logs for deviances, on a daily basis.
• Reviews progress of shots for deliveries, on a daily basis, and approves shots as ready for deliveries when the criteria are met.
• Occasionally performs as a Senior Compositor as needed, completing shots towards final and troubleshooting shot related issues.