Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Working with the Lead Modeller or the CG Supervisor on a project, the Modeller will create accurate and efficient models in the assigned timeframe as outlined by the Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
• Create models (Creature characters, sets and props) as assigned by the Modelling Lead or Supervisor.
• Complete assigned modeling tasks in a timely manner.
• Ensure all working files are efficiently organized.
• Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring models created are accurate and effective.
• Fully comprehend the requirements on the designs thereby creating models true to their designs. In particular:
• Create models with appropriate point counts
• Create models with valid and efficient UV layouts
• Create models conforming to modern standards, being aware of penetrations, overlapping geometry, proper edge loops, etc.
• Create models that can be exported cleanly to other packages used in the production
• Create and modify models by following the creative direction of the production.
• Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism
• Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
• 3 years Modelling experience
• Knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
• Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
• Knowledge of one or more high-end
3D software packages such as Maya or Houdini
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, and Mari
• Good knowledge of polygonal and patch geometry modeling.
• Good knowledge of material, texturing
• Good knowledge of skeleton and rigging setup
• Good knowledge of basic expression setup
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Knowledge of keyframe animation an asset
• Excellent team player
• Excellent file management skills
• Good communication skills