Method StudiosVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Compositing Lead manages both hands-on operation of a workstation as well as administration duties. Working closely with the Compositing Supervisor, the Compositing Lead aids with of project setup: show slate creation, tools (macros/plug-ins unique for a given show's needs), establishing protocol for acquisition of plates and elements and establishing formats for dailies reviews. The Compositing Lead also helps with quality control and assisting artists, checking colour continuity for sequences and making luts for plates or Avid delivery.
The Compositing Lead reviews and reports the artists' progress to the Composting Supervisor and Head of 2D on a regular basis.
The Compositing Lead occasionally serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
• Ensure that the quality of the work from the compositing team is of the highest of standards
• Ensure proper work flow methodology for all artists - mentor the compositing team
• Provide ongoing information and feedback to the Head of 2D and Composting Supervisor regarding issues in the Compositing department
• Composite with Nuke
• Expert knowledge Nuke
• High level feature film experience in live action films
• Complete understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
• Guru level experience in Compositing
• Possess extremely strong technical, artistic and leadership capabilities
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
Core Technical Knowledge
• Have an excellent working knowledge of the technical and organizational aspects of the studio pipeline
• Have a good working knowledge of UNIX filesystems and strong command of the Bash shell on Linux or OSX
• Have a good working knowledge of the studio's render queue and related technologies and issues
• A good understanding of Wiki syntax and how a Wiki functions and is structured