Intern - Marketing
Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
This was removed by the employer on 12/29/2016 10:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Marketing jobs in Memphis-TN
Search all Intern - Marketing postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Marketing Communications intern is responsible for assisting with the coordination of Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum marketing programs and initiatives. The position plays an active role in building an awareness and excitement for the Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Trafficking ad materials for approval.
• Assist with ad placement.
• Code and screen invoices against traffic instructions and insertion orders.
• Research statements and follow-up with finance regarding payment as needed.
• Acquire media kits and rate information from radio, tv and web sites.
• Assist with content gathering for Grizzlies.com including player interviews, shooting handheld video, and other duties as required.
• Assist with ongoing market research initiatives and data collection/entry.
• Assist with updating online ad reporting.
• Collect and file faxes from publications, TV & radio stations, and promoters.
• Distribute print ad material as needed.
• Review tear-sheets for correct ads per insertion orders and maintain files.
• Assist with creating and implementing promotions for FedExForum events.
• Distribute flyers, posters, gift packages, etc.
• Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
• Currently pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
• Excellent people skills with the ability to interact effectively with staff and management, professional and elite athletes, members of the media, senior government officials, and corporate representatives.
• Great writing skills and interest in digital content development. Interviewing skills a bonus.
• Basic .html/.css skills a bonus.
• Experience working with Scarborough Research data a bonus.
• Experience with multimedia hardware (i.e. digital camera/handheld digital video camera.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding time/task management skills.
• Excellent computer skills including MSExcel, MSWord, & MSOffice.
• Must be a team player with strong customer service focus.
• Accept direction from several individuals and prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Able to work 25 plus hours per week.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
• Knowledge and passion of NBA Basketball.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this internship?
2. What is your highest level of education completed?
3. What are your salary requirements? (Hourly rate)