Intern - Community Engagement
Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Memphis Grizzlies organization is actively committed to helping strengthen communities across the mid-South region. Through the work of our Community Engagement team, we leverage the power of sports to address important social issues in education, youth development and health and fitness.
The Intern, Community Engagement will promote and support that mission by assisting with all program planning and implementation but with a special focus on game night activations including Tickets for Kids.
The position reports to the Manager, NBA Player Initiatives and is part of the collaborative partnership between the Community Engagement team and the Grizzlies Foundation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties may include:
• Assist in preparations for all Grizzlies Community initiatives, including but not limited to Grizz Cares, Season of Giving, NBA Fit Week, and Read to Achieve
• Handle day to day implementation of the Tickets for Kids program: log requests, manage distribution, track attendance by organization
• Support the Donations In-Kind Program: track and process requests, distribute items to designated organizations
• Maintain regular and timely communication with school representatives, non-profit and other community partners in support of program implementation
• Assist with courtside, in-arena programs and special events.
• Research and document best practices among professional sports teams as it relates to programs and program-related issues relevant to the Community Investment platform.
• Other related duties as required.
, Experience & Abilities
• Bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is preferred.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding time/task management skills.
• Excellent people skills including the ability to build effective relationships with others. Must have a personal commitment to working successfully with diverse community partners and colleagues.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent computer skills including MSExcel, MSWord and MSOffice.
• Team player with a strong customer service focus.
• Enthusiasm for community outreach and service-oriented programming.
• Ability to accept direction from several individuals and prioritize all tasks appropriately
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule. May include game nights and weekends.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this opportunity?
2. What is your highest level of education completed?
3. How many years of experience do you possess?
4. What are your salary requirements?