MediaMation, Inc.Torrance, CA
Full Time Job
The essential duties of the AV Engineer are to provide engineering for the design, installation, and support of company products. Coordinates various processes including design, scheduling, implementing and finalizing projects according to specifications and deadlines, while keeping the project within budget. Participates in the design and production of AV projects. Monitors and summarizes progress of projects to ensure client satisfaction and project completion within time and monetary limits.
Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both vocal and written form. Must have solid computer skills, as well as knowledge of commercial AV products, and an understanding or willingness to learn the various technologies, programs, and remote logon processes involved. Strong ability to be adaptive, and a flexibility to work extended hours as needed to assist our global client base. Must have a truly positive, friendly, and professional attitude; while being able to manage staff from other trades and interact with clients.
• Performs full quality control checks for all AV fabrication and installation efforts, utilizing best practices as well as MMI company standards.
• Performs all software/firmware configuration and uploads, while confirming the system performs to Manufacturer's specifications, as well as MMI's.
• Completes, approves, and updates system drawings for changes required during the fabrication, installation, and quality control procedures.
• Provides clear and concise documentation for any and all configuration needed in implementation (i.e. network configuration, video settings, etc.).
• Performs full control system test with programming support for installed systems.
• Completes system test and accepts certifications for installed AV both onsite and remotely on client premises.
• Builds and maintains relationships with team members.
• Plans, coordinates, monitors, implements, and sees projects to completion.
• Summarizes progress of project through tracking and execution of a timeline.
• Prepares reports as needed for upper management regarding project status.
• Communicates with upper management to inform them of project milestones and deliverables, and any potential conflicts with upcoming departmental commitments.
• Serves as a primary point of contact with clients, providing end user training and support for deployments.
• Responds to client concerns and needs promptly through the use of our support ticketing system.
• Determines an appropriate course of action or response when issues occur.
• Monitors risks and/or identifies opportunities.
• Knowledge of industry and standards in AV system design and integration.
• Fundamental knowledge of network infrastructure.
• Thinking creatively, developing and designing ideas, systems or products utilizing knowledge of audio and control systems.
• Must be proficient in interaction with networks (wired or wireless).
• Ability to problem solve independently on-site, when remote support can be limited.
Required Skills, Education and/or Experience-
• Proficient knowledge of AV systems and software
• Knowledge of PC setup and integration, as well as experience in the operation of Mac Computers, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to routinely and proficiently use Email, Web searches, Google Docs, Calendar, Drobox, SmartSheet, Skype, and similar programs in order to work within a modern business.
• Ability to Edit Website Front and Back-ends is a strong plus.
Recommended Software Knowledge-
• Capability to Read/Edit/Draft within AutoCad (or Similar software), Digital Performer (or similar Midi editing software), Audio Editing Software, SolidWorks (or Similar Modeling software).
• Programming knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement.
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 We offer a full Benefit Package Including: Group Health Insurance, Aflac Supplemental Insurance, IRA Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days & Holidays.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online