Marvel EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Storage Engineer will create, configure, and maintain centralized storage systems used for key production workflows. Responsibilities will include design and deployment of work-in-progress storage systems for production and post-production pipelines, long-term archival storage platforms for raw film assets, backup and asset archive management, and development of a proper media asset lifecycle plan to maximize asset availability, while over time driving down the expense of maintaining media assets and storage systems.
The Storage Engineer is primarily responsible for providing data storage related services in the Enterprise Storage Services Team. This position will have initial responsibilities emphasizing data storage related services
Responsibilities To Include, But Not Limited To:
• Engineer, implement, and support storage solutions
• Document engineering solutions so that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
• Provide engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
• Implement and support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability
• Manage and coordinate work with other IT groups to deliver systems and services
• Understand and wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the customers and meet business needs.
• Manage multiple projects, balance, and prioritize work.
• Work with architects and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
• Being involved in the design and implementation of the storage strategy
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Work under general direction from IT management
• Domestic and International Travel approximately 20%
• Provide exceptional customer service to production and corporate end users
• 5 years of prior similar duties and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
• Experience with management and administration of complex and heterogeneous environment.
• Strong knowledge of at least one Enterprise Storage Array such as Isilon, Oracle ZFS, Hitachi, etc
• Working experience with Linux, FreeBSD, or Solaris systems
• Experience with Media and Entertainment workflows
• Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles
• Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and access protocols, such as SMB and NFS
• Strong Knowledge of Storage Area networking, using Brocade or Cisco switches
• Ability to complete a project or task, with minimal supervision
• Experience managing vendor relationships
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.