Spring Intern - Video Game Production
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Marvel Games is seeking an intern for Spring 2017!
If the words ''Super Heroes'' and ''video games'' get you excited, then this may be the perfect internship for you! We are looking for a motivated intern to join our energetic, fast-paced team to create the most amazing games in the universe.
Interns will work with the Marvel Games Production and Creative teams to gain insight and hands on-experience in the following areas:
- Video game production processes and project management for console and mobile games.
- Brand / character licensing.
- Creative research & development.
- Synergistic strategy over Marvel's different lines of business, including publishing, film, television, and animation
Responsibilities• Assist the production team during various stages of game development.
• Assist with asset approvals and clearances.
• Organize, review, and evaluate game design documents, scripts, marketing materials, and in-game assets to ensure accuracy and brand fidelity.
• Assist with organizing and maintaining video games library and development equipment.
• Conduct project research on topics including (but not limited to) Marvel characters, plotlines, story arcs, costumes, etc.
• Assist with gathering, maintaining, and organizing reference materials from comics spanning across Marvel's vast 75-year history.
• Collaborate with the Marvel Games production and creative teams to brainstorm ideas on integrating Marvel IP into video game content. Basic Qualifications• Obsession for Marvel and video games!
• Deep knowledge of the Marvel Universe, including comics, films, TV, and games.
• Familiarity with Marvel's console and mobile games.
• Avid gamer with knowledge of current video game trends and genres (console, mobile, PC, etc.)
• Excellent research, organization, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Technically adept.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April / May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Enrolled in an accredited college or university.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Characters B.V.