Spring Intern - Trades/Special Projects
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2017 2:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Trades/Special Projects jobs in New York-NY
Search all Spring Intern - Trades/Special Projects postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Special Projects department are looking for interns to help with the process of reprinting comics in new trade paperbacks and hardcovers. Additionally, interns will be asked to research Marvel's comics to help catalog the company's vast number of characters.
ResponsibilitiesInterns working for Special Projects will be expected to help with scanning in comics for reference in building trades. They will be asked to look over trades ready for production to make sure there are no errors. Additionally, they will be asked to research comics, determining where and when characters first appeared in Marvel comics. Interns may also be asked to write short pieces for the covers of trades including back cover copy and creator bios. Basic QualificationsCandidates should have an interest in book publishing, editing and research. They also need to have strong writing and editing skills as well as a good eye for Marvel's characters. Editing, design and production experience is a plus. Prior experience in an office environment is also preferred.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April / May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in English, journalism or the arts.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.