Spring Intern - Social Media
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Intern, Social Media at Marvel Digital in New York, NY will assist the Marvel.com editorial and social media department with the creation and development of creative assets.
ResponsibilitiesAssist the social media team in all aspects, including content creation, project organization, page moderation, strategy, and more, including:
• Brainstorm and attend meetings to assist with strategy and provide creative ideas
• Help with content creation, scheduling, and organization
• Monitor and occasionally moderate discussions on Marvel social media pages
• Research Marvel history and dialogue for weekly social media content
• Assist in photo and video shoots
• Gather and chart analytics and social media metrics for reporting
• Strong technical understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to strict brand guidelines
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a professional way
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines
• Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Photography and design skills a plus
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April / May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Currently pursuing a Bachelor's in a related subject.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.