Spring Intern - Sales Communication
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2017 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Sales Communication jobs in New York-NY
Search all Spring Intern - Sales Communication postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
We are looking for a qualified intern who can assist in the creation of various pieces of sales communication and marketing for the Publishing department. Basic tasks include production schedule & marketing timeline maintenance, copy-writing for solicitations and other sales/marketing pieces, and other tasks as assigned.
• COPYWRITING: Prepare solicit information for a variety of outlets, including the Marvel App for iOS devices. Assist on the copy for postcards, ads, and a variety of other sales/promo items.
• EXCEL TRACKING: Assist in management of several marketing and production schedule Excel tracking sheets for Publishing Sales Dept.
• FEDEX SHIPPING: Learn to prepare and ship FedEx packages to clients. Ship weekly review copies to major media and book buyers.
• ASSIST WITH RETAILER INITIATIVES AND PROGRAMS: Learn how retailer interaction works; coordinate with Marvel employees and retailers to ensure correct information is distributed. Maintain the Marvel Retailer Resource Center. Create items for MRRC including Flyers, Postcards, Mini-Posters and more.
• CONVENTION: Assist with various aspects of convention planning including panel presentations, talent appearances, giveaway item inventory, etc.
Knowledge of copywriting, creating and maintaining Excel documents, and data management/entry required. Intern must have strong writing skills. Candidate must also have a working knowledge of the Marvel Universe, its characters, and the comics/creators they are featured in.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January - April / May
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Major: Marketing, Sales, Communication majors are preferred but not required.
Enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class.
Company Overview Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.