Spring Intern - Inventory
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
We are seeking a part-time inventory intern for the Spring of 2017 semester, two days per week. It is a fast-faced environment that handles book fulfillment, distribution, and inventory consolidation. This is an opportunity to gain publishing experience that will enhance one's knowledge of the Marvel Universe.
• Clerical work includes filing of paperwork and locating books for business and corporate requests
• Learn to distinguish the different variant covers created by the artists in our collection
• Prepare the weekly on-sale comics and trade bundles for the editorial staff to use as reference materials
• Handle the incoming shipments and sort the comics and other books in the designated sections
• Gather specific titles printed on the lists for the individual free-lancers to receive as comp copies
• Assist with mailings in bulk shipments to streamline operating costs
• Assist in maintaining the storage room in an organized format
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April / May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education The candidate should be either a Junior or Senior enrolled in college/university, majoring in liberal arts or art history.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.