Spring Intern - Editorial
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2017 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Editorial jobs in New York-NY
Search all Spring Intern - Editorial postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Interns in Marvel's editorial department have the opportunity to act as an apprentice on tasks directly related to comic book production. Like most office interns, they perform some clerical duties, such as filing and shredding sensitive documents, but they also format scripts, collect reference and perform research for editors to send to artists and writers, check lettering drafts for corrections, and write recap pages. Those that show interest and diligence are also given opportunities to review colors, review line art for balloon placement, and share their thoughts about scripts.
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns should be ready to scan papers to pdfs, transcribe notes, or read stories prior to their publication to ensure there are no continuity or spelling errors. The intern is an additional set of eyes for the book to pass under before going to the printer. Time management and task prioritization are also essential since editorial interns work with multiple editors. Interns are responsible for organizing their day and for seeking out places and times when their assistance is needed. Basic QualificationsStudents of all years, majors, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. There are no creative qualifications. However, experience in narrative-based (published or performed) media is preferred, and editorial experience is desirable. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is a must.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April / May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Currently pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS, and they must be enrolled in college/university.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.