Spring Intern - Creative Services
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
We are looking for a qualified intern to join the Global Creative Services team this spring. Our interns help develop consumer products style guides and content for Marvel branded franchises. This is a graphic design focused position. Our interns work as designers with the Creative Services team on projects that will use the skills they have learned as students. It is a chance to gain real-world design experience with an elite group of professionals on a globally recognized brand. There are few better places for a graphic design student spend their internship.
ResponsibilitiesOur interns work alongside our designers and are given as much responsibility as they show they can handle. They will be asked to help develop and rework designs, prepare files, retouch art, create functional icons, design custom badges, patterns and borders, and help produce branding, packaging and retail signage. They will also apply designs to images of retail products. We try to assign projects geared toward an intern's strengths that also help to develop and add new skills they will need to build a successful career in graphic design. Basic QualificationsWe are looking for enthusiastic, energetic students that have 2-3 years of experience working with Photoshop and Illustrator. To qualify for this position applicants must be able to provide portfolio samples that demonstrate their ability to work with these Creative Suite programs. It is strongly suggested that you provide a link to an online portfolio.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through April/May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Required Education Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a visual arts or graphic design-related major. We expect our interns to know Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop well enough that they can contribute as a designer and therefore get the most out of their time here. It is highly recommended that you have at least 2 or 3 years of training before you apply.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Worldwide, Inc.