Spring Intern - Business & Legal Affairs
Marvel EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2017 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Spring Intern - Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Marvel's legal internship provides Second and Third-Year Law Students with a unique opportunity to work with Marvel's in-house attorneys on cutting edge entertainment, corporate and intellectual property matters. Marvel's legal staff manages all issues relating to:
• Live action and animated television production, distribution, financing, and marketing.
• Print and digital publishing, production, and distribution.
• Consumer products and promotional licensing.
• Talent agreements.
• Copyright, trademark and intellectual property advice, protection and enforcement.
ResponsibilitiesThe Business & Legal Affairs Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting department attorneys in a wide array of entertainment legal work. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Drafting and revising contracts
• Creating and updating contract deal summaries
• Creating and updating legal rights charts
• Reviewing contracts for legal rights
• Legal research and drafting of legal memoranda
• Assisting attorneys with guild/union paperwork
Basic QualificationsMust be a second or third year law student.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must be available during the months of January through May.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
• Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required Education Must be enrolled in law school.
This position is with the legal entity Marvel Television, Inc.