Project Manager And Development Associate
Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The role of this New York-based Project Manager and Development Associate is to support the VP, Development and Project Management, in all areas, including but not limited to: development and management of original content slate and projects, talent outreach, delivery of content, rights and clearances, distribution of content, accepting/tracking submissions for content, and general support of associated Marvel businesses. 'Support of associated Marvel businesses' includes work with sales, distribution, platform, marketing, product, and audience development teams.
• Develop content of multiple types and formats by collaborating with internal Marvel departments, relationships with external talent, and by creating and reviewing treatments.
• Provide support to the individual productions by coordinating the dissemination of rough cuts, managing final delivery, etc.
• Manage the production of short-form content; including working with internal and external producers to make sure that films are delivered with timetables and budgets met.
• Gather and maintain a database(s) of content slates, production timelines, release schedules, cleared/not-cleared elements, budgets, etc…
• Organize and disseminate required/requested materials to Marvel's Sales and Distribution groups.
• Work with CRM/Audience Development, Sales, and Distribution to help prepare presentations materials to sell Marvel content to retail/sponsors and maximize retail/sponsorship opportunities and relationships.
• Assist in the updating and maintaining of monthly sales tracking reports, and maintain a series of schedules tracking product releases and related rights & clearances.
• Will liaise with Legal, Business Affairs, Music, etc…to ensure that Marvel is protected and all risks have been addressed and discussed.
Candidate will report directly to the VP, Development and Project Management.
At least 1 year of production/Assistant Producer experience – preferably for an entertainment related brand.
At least 1 year in platform agnostic content development and management.
At least 1 year experience formatting short form content for digital platforms and broadcast.
Proficient computer skills, emphasis on current social media platforms
The ability to work with a team to take a video project from the kernel of an idea to a finished product (whether scripted or unscripted) – while overseeing all financial, technical and logistical aspects of the production.
The dexterity and demeanor to work with other people and teams of people both inside and outside of the company to accomplish the goals set forth.
Great oral and written communication skills
An instinct for a story's lifecycle across multiple digital platforms.
Mature, interpersonal skills with an openness to objective, constructive criticism.
• Experience in the distribution of short-form or long-form content, and strong knowledge of the production process.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills both internal at Marvel and with external clients.
• Knowledge of and contacts in closely aligned Marvel departments
• Experience managing a diverse group of external production companies.