Marvel EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Job
Proofread documents and mark for correction of any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors on an on-call basis (approx. 3-4 days per week).
• Read proofs from all Marvel Publishing departments including (but not limited to) single-issue comics, handbooks, trade collections, Word documents, dust jackets, and covers.
• Mark grammatical or typographical errors using standardized code.
• Check proofs against copy and against previous corrections.
• Communicate with Editorial staff and traffic copy.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow instructions and communicate questions or issues in a constructive, friendly manner.
• Provides and welcomes feedback.
• Contributes to a positive team spirit.
• Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Knowledge of proofreading/copyediting marks.
• Ability to proof in print and on computer.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Knowledge of the unique challenges of the comic book format, awareness of the comic book industry, and familiarity with Marvel's characters a plus.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.