Manager, Global Television Publicity
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Global Television Publicity, Marvel Television
Communications - Planning & Strategy
• Oversee Communications portion of Live Action and Animation integrated Marketing planning calendars.
• Work with Executive Director, TV Publicity (''ED'') on key messaging and publicity opportunities for live action and animated series
• Coordinate with Marketing Manager to ensure all larger promotional goals are achieved and Marketing Team is aware of all Publicity plans.
• Exhibit professional, timely communication with key executives across multiple Marvel LOBs and with Network partners to ensure goals are met
• Demonstrate ability to develop complimentary Publicity plans for multiple ongoing television series in line with larger marketing plans and corporate goals
• Ensure all necessary Communications strategy documents are maintained and distributed in a timely manner with key executives to ensure integrated promotional executions. Ensures POs are initiated for all relevant projects and communicates regularly with Finance lead to ensure everything is submitted and processed in a timely manner
Communications – Internal
• Work with Marketing Manager to develop Communications & Publicity aspects of key Marketing meetings, including Weekly TV Marketing meeting and any show-specific Marketing-focused meetings
• Build strong relationships with partners across all LOBs, both within and outside of Marvel
• Communicate frequently with ED on project status and follow-ups; know when to elevate matters
• Oversee management of communications tracking documents on weekly basis
• Possesses strong presentation skills, both oral and written
• Responds in a timely manner to all emails and requests
Communications - Creative Review & Approvals
• Manage routing and approval of publicity materials for Live Action and Animation series, including but not limited to press releases, network planning documents, e-mails, video.
• Collect and provide all executive, stakeholder and legal feedback and provide clear direction to partners for changes.
• Lead creation of press releases and press briefs, working closely with ED to ensure adherence to deadline and brand standards.
• Work with ED for all Marvel TV opportunities as point of contact for Media outlets to evaluate/execute requests, develop relationships and proactively pitch coverage.
• Act as advocate, working with ED, to present new Publicity opportunities to Marvel for all live-action and animated series.
• Partner with key project leads and execs for communications planning, talent relations issues and PR executions for Marvel events/Cons with TV presence.
• Work with Marketing team to develop programming and promotional opportunities related to Marvel TV for events.
• Must have ability to travel to events on select weekdays, weeknights and weekends both domestically and internationally as required.
• 3-6 years of similar publicity or communications experience
• Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, including the publishing division
• Experience in public speaking, writing/editing press releases & creating marketing/pr plans
• Detail oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines
• A self-starter with an impeccable ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once
Preferred Education A degree in Communications, Marketing or English is preferred