Digital Asset Coordinator
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Marvel Television is looking for a Digital Asset Coordinator to provide support and technical problem solving in a fast paced environment, to Television Productions, Animation, and Interactive businesses, including Technical Operations, Production Support, IT, and Digital Asset Management.
Previous experience with Scenechronize, PIX Systems, and Signiant Media Shuttle is highly desired. Candidates should have a basic understanding of common production and post production technologies, including AVID Media Composer, Pro Tools, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Final Draft, FileMaker Pro, MPEG StreamClip, Sync On Set, etc., will be highly beneficial.
Candidates should have the ability to learn new technologies quickly in a rapidly changing environment, a motivated self-starter and strategic thinker. Experience with supporting people remotely, and understanding feature and television workflows and assets across the development, production, post-production, and distribution supply chain is necessary.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, as there will be frequent interaction with Development and Production Executives, Marketing, Gaming, Animation, UPMs, Production Office Coordinators, Digital Imaging Technician (DIT), Data Wranglers, Script Coordinators, Anti-Piracy, Content Security, and with distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Freeform, and ABC.
This position also requires understanding delivery assets, common file formats, codecs, forensic watermarking, digital fingerprinting, encryption, hard drives, cloud storage, metadata tagging, managing permissions, creating custom distribution lists, archiving of assets, vendor audits, content security, and industry best practices on protecting content.
The Digital Asset Coordinator must have strong technical skills in digital products and practical experience in implementing new solutions across a business. Strong knowledge of video and still image aspect ratios, resolution and quality are essential. S/he must be able to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment while keeping track of priorities and status of each to completion.
Importantly, s/he must have the proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. This includes engaging with senior management, operations & engineering teams to communicate timelines, prioritization, risk and status.
Summary of essential job functions:
Digital Asset Management System(s) Support:
• Administer user access & permissions list on production systems such as Scenechronize and PIX Systems.
Liaise with Marvel Security and Marvel IT Data Management teams.
• Design project structures in system(s) and facilitate user onboarding and training.
Assist in facilitating the collection of digital assets from internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to deliver content to the Marvel Asset Library.
• Track and organize production and distribution assets; standardize delivery workflows and metadata/labeling of assets
• Work with production teams to develop and implement specifications for what materials get delivered back to Marvel, and how they will be delivered.
Facilitate secure data transfers from the DAM system to internal and external sources:
• Provide front line communication, instructions and provide monitoring and assistance for internal and external sources to receive content from the Marvel DAM.
• Apply appropriate watermarking, formats and codecs based on delivery requirements.
• Follow up to ensure deliveries were completed successfully.
Assist in the organization of digital assets within the DAM system:
• Work closely with Technical Operations team to receive, send and archive content.
• Assist in creating and editing the groups within Marvel's DAM to facilitate organization of assets for easier access.
• Assigning associations for characters, sets, days, scenes, etc. to assets.
• Add and edit attributes such as creator, status, notes for assets to maintain current and accurate asset status.
Provide front-line support to users of the DAM system via phone and email:
• Provide front line support for issues with login, forgotten passwords, training and walkthrough for assisting users with inserting and accessing assets
• Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
• Strong knowledge of file formats and video specifications such as aspect ratios, frame rates, data rates, quality and resolution a must
• Must have strong organizational skills to maintain multiple tasks and the status of each daily
• Excellent writing and communication skills with equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and clients
• Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution.
• Proactive risk identification, mitigation and escalation
• At least 2 years working experience on television, feature or animated productions
• Experience working with digital media, including: transcoding video, manipulating media in programs like Photoshop and Final Cut.
• Familiar with various video and image formats including; TIF, PNG, JPEG, CR2, WMV, MOV, MP4, etc.
• Knowledge of advanced media concepts such as; aspect ratios, letterboxing, streaming, compression techniques, etc.
Bachelor's degree required