Concept Artist, Marvel Entertainment, Games Team
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Are you passionate about games and have always loved Marvel? Do you dream about making amazing games with the most iconic superheroes in the entire universe? If so, we may have the perfect job for you! Marvel Games is an IP-driven licensing business leveraging a massive library of more than 8,000 Super Heroes and Super Villains to create incredible games by partnering with the very best game companies on Earth. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Concept Artist to join Marvel Games!
As a Concept Artist on the Creative team, you will work closely with our Executive Creative Director and our Art Lead. Your primary goal is to provide concept art, illustration, and visual design support for our partners to ensure that our characters and worlds are authentically realized while continuing to evolve and elevate the incredibly rich character and visual storytelling history of the Marvel Universe across our entire console, PC, mobile, and VR games portfolio.
• Work closely with our Art Lead to provide character and environment concept art support for multiple titles in a broad range of styles.
• Help develop and maintain visual directions for our various games and ensure distinct visual identities for each product.
• Assist with art feedback including 2D concepts, 3D art, animation, VFX, and UI.
• Create concept art, illustrations, or graphic designs to help communicate our feedback to our partners or to assist them in achieving the project's visual goals.
• 3 years of professional experience as a concept artist and/or illustrator in PC, console, or mobile games, animation, or film.
• Excellent knowledge of art and visual design principles and techniques relating to character and environmental design.
• Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles.
• Excellent understanding of anatomy and idealized heroic proportions.
• A master of color and light, with a strong sense of design and composition.
• Exceptional draftsman and painter, with the ability to sketch and iterate quickly, and take ideas to a highly polished execution.
• Solid understanding of graphic design principles.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and tackle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear, concise, and actionable feedback and guidance, and present ideas with clarity, conviction, and collaborative understanding.
• Sympathetic and champion collaborator that is able to adapt and adjust to a wide variety of studio work styles.
• Knowledge of and authentic love for all things Marvel.
REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
• Your resume
• A cover letter which should include your salary requirements and answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in working at Marvel Games?
• What's one of your favorite video games in terms of art?
• What games are you currently playing?
• If you could be any Marvel Super Hero or Super Villain, which one would you choose and why?