Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Marketing Factory, Inc.Venice, CA
Full Time Job
Marketing Factory is an award-wining agency that makes music work for brands. From strategy to content, experimental to advocacy, Marketing Factory provides full sound-and-service campaign management. We are looking for a professional, self-motivated, and responsible Office Manager / Executive Assistant for our office in Venice, CA.
The Office Manager / Executive Assistant will provide support to the President of Marketing Factory, Inc and ensure that daily work-flow processes run smoothly. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be comfortable working independently and should expect to take on additional responsibility as the business grows. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, possesses a positive attitude, and can handle both routine and impromptu assignments with minimal supervision.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic Office Manager / Executive Assistant who will ensure the smooth running of the busy office, make the office an amazing place to work, and take the lead on improving office space so that it maintains a pleasant working environment for all. Candidate must be able to work under pressure efficiently and effectively, with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, proactive, thorough, articulate and relentless in their pursuit to solve problems and accomplish all tasks. This person should possess an unwavering attention to detail, be self-motivated, confident in making decisions, quick on their feet, smart, resourceful and always do it with a smile. Some experience in high end hospitality or client services, with a great attention to serving a range of clients' needs in a white-glove standard, is critical. This individual should also have an investigative reporting mindset who never settles on ''no'' for an answer. Always on, responsive and considerate in ensuring that they gather all details with minimal impact or friction to the requester and always in service of doing the job above and beyond the ask. Projecting an air of confidence and thick skin, this person should perform well under pressure and always know the answers or be willing and able to find them without missing a beat on the request. A good sense of the political or contextual significance to each task is imperative, and all requests should be treated with great care. Follow-through on tasks and status communications along the way is critical as your role is to support a fast-paced company working with elite clientele.
SPECIFIC DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
General Office Management
• Responsible for managing the reception staff
• Responsible for implementing, updating, and maintaining office processes, policies, and procedures
• Ensuring health and safety regulations are being complied with on a regular basis
• Booking conference room and setting up conference calls and company meetings
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs as well as upgrades and improvements
• Responsible for event planning, upkeep of seasonal décor, and staff birthday cards/cakes
• Events management - managing office fun and office culture
• Ensuring the office runs smoothly through the day, ensuring excellent housekeeping of reception area, all meeting rooms and breakout spaces
• Act as liaison for all office IT setup and phone systems
• Schedule and supervise office maintenance for ALL office projects (e.g. construction, furniture, repair, IT, phones, etc…)
• Responsible for ordering, stocking and maintaining all stocked items in kitchen, bathrooms and common areas with care and detail
• Regulate and maintain the firm's databases
• Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
• Arrange client gifts for holidays, birthdays and special occasions
• Responsible for general office preparations when clients are in town
• Answer and direct all incoming phone calls using a multi-line telephone
• Copy/Collate/Bind and file documents and organize as needed.
• Manage and schedule meetings for President. This includes confirming appointments and preparing any materials prior to the meetings.
• Arrange travel for President. This includes flight, hotel, transportation and other travel requests as needed.
• Manage travel expenses and submit to the Accounting and Finance department for approval.
• Assist in facilitating personal tasks (meals, nutrition, dry-cleaning, etc.) for the president
• Walking dogs
• Assist in managing property construction
Required Skills and Experience:
• A 'roll up your sleeves' attitude and comfort with multitasking in a high pressure environment.
• 2+ years as an Office Manager Able to problem solve and quickly present solutions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Flexible and able to handle multiple requests and conflicting priorities
• Natural ability to prioritize tasks and report on progress
• Able to take pride and ownership of facility projects and see through completion
• Able to interact with a wide variety of personalities with ease
• Able to problem solve and quickly present solutions
• Is discreet and can protect confidential information.
• Has a positive attitude and is friendly/personable.
• Is organized, detail-oriented and can meet deadlines.
• Can take direction and has the ability to multi-task.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online