Intern - Development
Mana ContemporaryJersey City, NJ
Part Time Unpaid Internship
TV COMPANY SEEKING DEVELOPMENT INTERNS
Mana Hub / Mana Contemporary - Jersey City, NJ
Mana Hub, the new Television Division of Mana Contemporary, seeks a highly motivated, self-starter to assist with research and development. Internship to begin ASAP through Summer 2017. Course credit available for Spring 2017.
INTERN DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Sourcing and researching facts, figures and information as well as film, archive and videotapes using the internet, film and tape archives, specialist collections, picture libraries, museums and government departments;
- Conveying findings accurately to others in report form and 'briefs';
- Providing research to development team in a clear, concise format;
- Factual research (checking that all the information used in developing a show is accurate);
- Organizing department files.
- Be available for 10-15 hours a week;
- Be responsible, flexible and possess strong time-management skills;
- Have excellent research, writing and presentation skills;
- Have strong interest in television media and the development process;
- Be knowledgeable of MS Office (including PowerPoint), Google Tools and other basic programs (Knowledge of Photoshop, Avid, Premiere a plus);
- Have excellent written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism dealing with high profile and celebrity clients and contacts;
- Be capable of working well with a team and under pressure;
- Have an instinct for a good story;
- Be confident and patient;
- Own a laptop.
- A chance to get your foot in the TV Development door;
- An opportunity to pitch your ideas to development producers;
- Invaluable industry contacts and networking opportunities;
- Flexible scheduling;
- On-set experience;
- Editing experience;
- Course credit.
Unpaid with Travel Stipend.
Internships to start ASAP.
Rolling applications - no deadline.
Course credit offered starting Spring 2017.
Current students and recent graduates welcome.
Address to Skylar Landsee, Associate Producer for Development.
No phone calls. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online