Supervisor, Post Production Technology
Maker StudiosCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Cutting edge media and video post production facility seeks a Supervisor, Post Production Tech.
The Supervisor, Post Production Tech role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced and creative environment, with excellent skills in collaboration, communication, and innovation. Most importantly, the Supervisor, Post Production Tech must be proactive, manage stress well and be knowledgeable of the latest video post production technologies.
• The Supervisor, Post Production Tech's primary responsibility is to support a post production environment with 40 video edit work stations (primarily Adobe CS/Mac based), 1.5 PB storage environment (Quantum StorNext/Netapp), Google cloud archive, and 7 animation workstations (Mac based). This support encompasses repairs, maintenance, upgrades, new installations and management of the edit computer disc image.
• Coordinate with a ticketing system to help us track issues and document any changes to the post environment
• Manage Mac and Windows desktop computers to create consistent disk images across all edit work stations
• Assist in the deployment of our Media Asset Management (MAM) systems and their web interfaces, connectivity, backup, archive, and restore functions for those systems.
• Evaluate potential technical workflow and stability improvements.
• Train staff on new systems and current workflow.
• Advise best practices for file management, data protection/security and archive.
• Document equipment and procedures
• Any and all duties as assigned by management
• 5 years experience working in an enterprise technology environment supporting Mac operating systems
• 5 years SAN administration experience?(Preferred – Quantum StorNext)
• 5 years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere, FCP7 and Avid
• VFX application support experience: Maya, Nuke, and Adobe packages
• DaVinci Color Resolve experience
• Experience with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
• Networking knowledge a plus (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NAS, SAN)
• SAN integration and cable management a plus
• Internet video live streaming experience a plus
• Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated
• Must be comfortable with a flexible matrixed reporting structure
• Have excellent communication skills: written and spoken (including the ability to assist non-technical staff with complex technical issues)
• Flexibility of schedule is needed. Some weekend work may be necessary.
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.