Maker StudiosCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/24/2017 9:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Sr Editor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr Editor postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Editor (Temp) at Maker Studios must be well versed in all aspects of Post Production including ingesting, editing, color grading, sound mixing and motion graphics. Their tasks may include the actual editing of a project, creating or implementing graphics, or managing staff and freelance editors. They must be able to manage multiple projects at various stages of production while communicating progress across departments as well as within our team. They will be tasked with collaborating with the Development, Production, Distribution and Marketing teams to deliver high-quality dynamic content that supports our various programming initiatives. They will report to the Senior Manager of Post Production and will work closely with them to create and implement post schedules, ensuring deadlines are being met and high standards are being maintained. Organizational and collaborative skills as well as an ability to prioritize are a must. Senior Editors must have proven leadership skills and be pro-active, with exceptional foresight, follow-through, and attention to detail.
• Editing premium level content which ranges from scripted comedy, gaming, life and style, top talent, marketing and branded entertainment.
• Work in an efficient and organized manner, ensuring all assets are clearly labeled and kept in their appropriate folders.
• Establish and maintain best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of files.
• Comprehend file formats for web compression and high resolution mastering.
• Understand frame rate and format conversions to meet varying distribution specs.
• Work closely with Senior Manager of Post Production to define, establish and enforce best standards and practices as well as optimized, efficient and professional workflows which adhere to current post-production processes, regulations, and guidelines.
• Manage a team of staff and/or freelance Assistant Editors, Editors, Junior Editors and/or Motion Graphics Editors, ensuring that their time and costs are being tracked, deadlines are being met and high standard are being maintained.
• Oversee the review and approval process, flagging issues to the Senior Manager of Post Production, guaranteeing notes are properly implemented by our team, and expectations are managed with the client.
• Mentor Editors, Junior Editors and Assistant Editors to help them develop their post- production knowledge and skills, teaching them techniques that will help them hone their skills.
• Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast- paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Assist the Senior Manager of Post Production to assign projects internally or book freelancers externally, connecting them with the producer to ensure proper agreements are being signed before work begins.
• Provide professional color correction and sound support when needed to ensure thatevery video is polished.
• Provide colorists and sound mixers with assets they need to finish a project. Receive final color grades and audio mixes and implement them back into the project for final delivery.
• Quality check videos and deliverables that are created by our team to ensure all assets meet our high standards, appropriate specs and are ready for upload and archive.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as required or report any technical issues to IT.
• At least 8 years of prior post-production experience and 3 years of management experience within a digital or traditional media environment.
• Expert in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Media Encoder.
• Knowledge of Reach Engine by Levels Beyond a plus.
• Expansive post-production knowledge including motion graphics, sound mixing, keying and color correction.
• Can guide ingest/prep process for unique and varying types of content.
• Ability to work professionally, calmly and creatively in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior experience with managing teams, overseeing large projects and establishing workflows within a post-production environment.
• Proven track record of leadership and team development who can inspire, motivate, and influence colleagues.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.A problem solver who can troubleshoot technical, creative and editorial issues
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.