Maker StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Cutting edge media production facility seeks a Studio Manager.
The Manager, Studio role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced and creative environment, with excellent skills in collaboration, communication, and innovation. Most importantly, the Manager, Studio must be proactive, manage stress well and be knowledgeable of the latest studio lighting, technical equipment and safety protocols.
• Managing and directing lighting/camera staff and freelance crew
• Documenting and integrating proper stage processes and safety rules
• Responsible for running a safe studio that follows proper protocol
• Work with studio producers to properly budget and design lighting plots for a wide variety of productions
• Create conceptual drawings of all lighting plots for approval by production staff
• Procurement of all studios expendables and lighting equipment
• Management of studio equipment vendor relationships
• Working with the line producer to budget all projects, open vendor PO's and ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner
• Book and manage stages and crew members and coordinate with finance to make sure all crew paperwork is processed properly and in a timely manner
• Understanding and estimating the length of projects and driving the design of studio resources to meet deadlines
• Strategizing with project managers and producers to meet or exceed quality expectations without compromising project margins
• 5 years experience managing an video production stage
• Proficient with ETC lighting consoles
• Proficient with a wide variety of stage lighting equipment
• Proficient with latest studio production technologies
• 5 years experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
• Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated
• Have excellent communication skills: written and spoken (including the ability to assist non-production staff with set construction processes)
• Flexibility of schedule is needed. Some weekend work may be necessary.