Madison Wells MediaCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Los Angeles, California
Madison Wells Media (MWM), is a diversified premium content company that delivers elevated, story-driven entertainment experiences to consumers worldwide across a variety of media platforms including film, television, VR/AR and live events and digital media. We currently have an opening for a Corporate Accountant. We seek a highly engaged candidate Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in an accounting role, including experience with quarter-end reporting to assist in and be responsible for quarter-end close and related account analyses, reconciliations, roll-forwards and reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure timely and accurate quarterly closing and post-closing journal entries, account review and variance analysis.
• Prepare and track monthly recurring and non-recurring tasks and journal entries.
• Assist with preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, and quarterly financial reporting.
• Prepare bank reconciliations, bill backs, allocations and supporting schedules.
• Analyze, reconcile and follow-up on intercompany transactions and balances.
• Track prepaid expenses, accruals, fixed assets and other ongoing activity.
• Assist with invoice preparation and tracking of revenues and deferred revenues.
• Prepare various corporate-requested analyses and schedules, as needed.
• Assist with the maintenance of the fixed assets ledger.
• Assist in invoice entries, expense coding, bill payments, check requests, AMEX T&E monthly expense charges, etc.
• Prepare schedules and analyses for quarterly financial statements, year-end audits and tax compliance reporting.
• Assist with maintenance and organization of accounting files (paper and electronic).
• Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by management.
• Prepare & maintain documentation of procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIP
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, including thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Minimum of 3 years' progressive experience in an accounting role, including experience with quarter-end reporting. Audit and tax experience a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
• QuickBooks accounting software experience a plus, including querying and journal entry posting.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in all standard PC applications, specifically intermediate to advanced experience with Excel, including using pivot tables, functions and formulas.
• Solid communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different multiple personalities and styles, within and outside the department.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and plan well in order to meet deadlines, without hesitancy to ask for direction or assistance/guidance from supervisors.
• Comfortable in taking on new tasks, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven department.
MWM is a diversified premium content company that delivers elevated, story-driven entertainment experiences to consumers worldwide across a variety of media platforms. The company produces and distributes compelling stories for film, television, VR/AR content, live events and digital video through its wholly owned businesses OddLot Entertainment, Reality One, Relevant Theatricals and holdings in STX Entertainment, WEVR, Fandor and Atom Tickets.
MWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison Wells Media offers competitive compensation and benefits
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online