Fitness Online Editor
Full Time Job
WHAT'S THE GIG?
FITNESS ONLINE EDITOR - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
MTV is looking for a dynamic editorial lead with a love of fitness and lifestyle to head up our new digital Fitness production team. MTV is expanding its presence in the arena and is looking for a highly organised and adaptable writer/digital producer to create daily digital content around fitness.
The role would suit an experienced Digital Producer/Section Editor, particularly those with a background in fitness, lifestyle or entertainment.
The role will be responsible for managing and creating all fitness content on the website, and across multi-platform – commissioning editorial features and articles, working with others to produce daily video content, ensuring all content is seeded efficiently and strategically across social platforms, and ensuring MTV’s content is always on-trend and ahead of the curve.
You have an affinity for fitness and lifestyle content, MTV’s brand of irreverent, fun and engaging digital content, as well as a love of all things viral and trending across the web.
WHERE YOU'LL FIT IN THE TEAM...
You will work closely with the Life & Style Editor, and Managing Editor to ensure that the MTV content strategy is implemented on the site and across all 3rd party multi-platforms including Facebook/YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat etc.
The successful candidate would work within a wider editorial and production team.
YOU'LL NEED TO OWN...
• Writing and commissioning fitness articles and features.
• Producing daily fitness video content across multiple platforms.
• Implementing the video aspects of the content strategy.
• Adding high quality video to the site daily.
• Working closely with video editors and creative teams to ensure video is produced in a timely fashion and that workflows are efficient.
• Communicating with international teams to source video.
• Adding video from external sources including outside broadcasts.
• Managing external video productions and editing into suitable packages.
MUST HAVE NINJA SKILLS...
• A self-motivated all-rounder; confident writing articles, features, scripts and producing shareable and engageable video content.
• Excellent time management - able to stay calm under pressure whilst working quickly and delivering to tight deadlines.
• Creative thinker – enjoys generating innovative ideas and solutions, devising new and exciting ways to engage audiences.
• Detail oriented – spots mistakes and takes pride in their work.
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
• Resilient with a positive outlook and can do attitude
• Comfortable producing for digital, with a strong understanding of engaging online content.
• Love of lifestyle and fitness culture a must.
• Role will be London-based but may require international travel for extended periods