MIH Entertainment GroupAnaheim, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Marketing Coordinator jobs in Anaheim-CA
Search all Marketing Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
This position reports to the CEO, partners and V.P. of Development, the marketing department is focused on providing strong marketing campaigns. The marketing coordinator will manage the development and execution of marketing and sales campaigns with brand partners and retail outlets. Marketing coordinator is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of marketing for assigned artist and for coordinating the efforts of the label to ensure the consistency of imaging between artist and their music. Sales and marketing will involve all facets of MIH Entertainment, LLC physical, digital and mobile products. The marketing manager will be responsible for creating, managing and executing third party sponsorships and promotions involving MIH Entertainment labels and studios. One of the primary goals is to develop and create revenue-driving opportunities and promotions between third party companies, promoting MIH Entertainment music/video content at physical, digital and mobile retailers. Involved in this position is the ability to make cold calls to new corporate partners as well as agencies interested in cross promotions/sponsorships with entertainment. Additionally, will manage local physical and digital music accounts, and be the company's onsite point person in California to handle any miscellaneous duties that require handholding or personal delivery in the marketplace, including covering visibility and artist performances. This position requires a highly motivated and detailed oriented person for our management and label department. Marketing coordinator must have the ability to keep up with a robust, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure situations, while being able to multi-task. Marketing coordinator must be able to function well in a ''start-up'' environment. The Marketing coordinator will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the Marketing department at MIH Entertainment by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
Partnership Marketing Component
1. Garner large marketing opportunities and sponsorship dollars to promote MIH artist funded by outside partners.
2. Identify and direct and Strategic Marketing Partnership opportunities with companies MIH partnership Development teams
3. Secure MIH artist/releases visibility and promotions through lifestyle and community outlets.
4. Gain out of department placement at retail through partner tie-ins to increase sales at existing MIH Accounts.
Non Traditional Sales Component
1. Identify non-traditional sales opportunities for MIH
2. Work with non-traditional sales teams to either set up as a direct account or facilitate via a one-stop where it does not make financial sense to open direct.
1. Act as a central point of contact and lead for all assigned projects; work with all departments in meetings deadlines and keeping a creative thread running throughout the projects.
2. Create and execute overall marketing strategies.
3. Select and approve visual imagery and creative direction of marketing tools
4. Lead brainstorming sessions and ultimately select creative imaging for all promotional and marketing tools.
5. Create and manage marketing budgets for each project.
6. Compile and manage various departmental plans and budgets.
7. Work closely with promotional and publicity departments on scheduling opportunities.
8. Submit calendar and requests to managers and bookers.
9. Serve as primary contact for international affiliates/offices for assigned projects
10. Negotiate vendor fees
11. Forecast revenue and expenses
12. Work with management and A&R on assessing artist development needs.
13. Oversight of artist calendars - making sure they are up-to-date and accurate.
14. Oversee Manager(s), Marketing and/or coordinator and assign them projects/artists.
15. Find creative and innovative marketing exposure and/or non-traditional revenue opportunities.
16. Lead development and execution of unique 'direct to consumer' campaigns.
17. Business development plans with the objective of increasing sales of all product lines at MIH accounts
18. Communicate trends, success, opportunities and recommendations to MIH/labels
19. Successfully manage relationships and shared goals with marketing team/labels
20. Creation and implementation of third party promotions, merchandising, brand awareness and advertising campaigns.
21. Build customized presentations to sell promotional opportunities with third party partners.
22. Research potential marketing partners and execute in person presentations.
23. Research and develop non-traditional avenues for product placement and sales.
24. Manage efforts between labels/studios, MIH and partners to ensure successful execution of programs.
25. Identify business opportunities such as pre-loaded music opportunities and event opportunities.
26. Create revenue driving cross promotions from concept to execution.
27. Implement sales driven promotions designed to develop new artists.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. 1-3 years of full-time record label and/or management firm experience.
2. Bachelor's / Associate degree in business or marketing/design
3. Must have prior experience with developing and executing marketing plans focusing on urban/pop artists.
4. Must have prior experience creating and managing budgets.
5. Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between the artist and the label using tact, persuasion, timing and facilitating direct communications when appropriate and retaining the trust of both the artist and label.
6. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
7. High proficiency in Microsoft Office
8. Knowledge of entertainment industry players highly preferred
9. Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
10. Experience in selling and marketing in high visibility environment
11. Experience in strategic/partnership marketing with existing brand contact list
12. Understanding of retail sales and marketing strategies through direct professional experience
13. Understanding of digital consumer trends
14. Understanding of digital consumer/partner practices and business needs
15. Any other responsibilities delegated by management team
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend, evening work and light travel. Occasional lifting.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds