Manager of Contract Administration
MGM Resorts InternationalLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
The Manager of Contract Administration will be responsible for the creation and management of contracts from offer stage through contract execution for MRI entertainment venues. The Manager of Contract Administration ensures all activities performed within the reporting departments are in accordance with the company's business objectives, budget guidelines, mission statement, and core service standards.
• Oversee the daily operations, communication, and processes related to the creation and execution of all event-related legal documents for the arenas, theaters and other entertainment venues.
• Draft a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to, venue license agreements, artist performance agreements, and offer letters for the arenas, theaters, festival lots and other venues.
• Collaborate with MRI Corporate Legal to review and revise event-related legal documents and redlines prior to execution.
• Analyze contracts, providing and maintaining necessary contractual/research information and rights analysis in response to business requests and to assist with maintaining various venue obligations.
• Track the current status of open contracts from initial draft through review to ensure timely execution of all contracts and related documents.
• Collaborate and assist MRI Corporate Legal teams with preparation of legal documents and redlines, drafting routine letters and other correspondence.
• Assist the Booking Team with negotiating business terms related to the booking of public, private, and convention events.
• Assist the Booking Team with preparation of certain event booking materials such as deal point summaries.
• Liaise with event promoters and producers to communicate and obtain the proper levels and certificates of insurance in compliance with MGM Resorts policies and procedures.
• Communicate with other departments and MRI properties to disseminate contract details to ensure proper fulfillment by operational teams.
• Accurately maintain and administer the contract management process, legal contracts filing systems, and assists in monitoring dates of legal significance. (e.g., options and expirations).
• Perform all other job related duties as requested.
• Bachelor Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in contract drafting and contract analysis.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines as a top priority, and possess excellent organizational and tracking skills.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent at relationship building and people skills.
• Familiar with the role of promoters and artist managers, agents and lawyers.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Able to lead and mentor a team.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• At least 2 years of legal assistant or paralegal experience; contracts management experience.
• At least 5 years of related work experience.
• Previous exposure to legal issues specific to an entertainment venue or live entertainment.
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Job Code: 52576
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online