Sr. Internal Auditor
LionsgateSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Senior Internal Auditor. This position reports to the Executive Director, Internal Audit and Director, IT Audit. The senior internal auditor's responsibilities include performing financial, operational and compliance audits of the company and its affiliates. Additionally, this position assists the SVP, Internal Audit and the audit team in evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls as part of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. The Senior Internal Auditor will maintain organizational and professional ethical standards while having the ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
• Plan, develop, and execute financial, compliance, technology, and operational audits and analytics projects; evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
• Conduct interviews, review documents and prepare working papers (using audit software).
Identify, develop and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and advisory projects to management.
• Perform audit procedures, including identifying and evaluating issues, developing test criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting company processes and procedures.
• Perform tests of controls over financial and IT operations in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Provide assistance to external auditors as required.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years audit experience, preferably in public accounting (with public company auditing experience) or in internal audit at a public company.
• CPA/CIA or candidate preferred.
• Working knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of accounting and auditing, including the requirements set forth in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Ability to create efficient work papers to document work performed.
• Experience with SOX requirements.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Windows software.
• Knowledge of IT Audit and/or SAP systems preferred.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to learn and quickly understand complicated processes and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, plan, organize and manage time efficiently.
• Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Information systems and entertainment industry experience highly desirable.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online