Sr. Analyst, Strategic Planning & Operations
LionsgateSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Summary of Position:
The Sr. Analyst, Strategic Planning & Operations will be responsible for building and maintaining film models, creating greenlight presentations, and performing ad hoc analysis. Primary responsibilities include digging deep into data, performing global industry and competitor analysis, and tracking film performance. The successful candidate will have the aptitude to tackle multiple projects, problem-solve, and efficiently execute deliverables. The candidate will be expected to interact with and present to senior executives at all levels within the Motion Picture Group.
• Develop P&Ls and related financial analysis for films from inception, to greenlight, to release, to post-release. Economic profile of each P&L to be based on analysis of historic data and understanding existing deals
• Financial modeling and analysis of all talent, distribution and equity deals for feature films while working closely with senior executives from Finance, Business Affairs and Development throughout the deal negotiation process
• Interact daily with all levels of personnel in Creative Development, Business Affairs, Corporate Finance, Domestic and International Theatrical, and Home Entertainment business units
• Evaluation of profit/loss, NPV and IRR for individual films and multi-picture co-financing arrangements
• Work closely with Financial Planning & Analysis, especially during Quarterly Reset and Annual Plan
• Perform analysis on Domestic and International strategic opportunities as it relates to Lionsgate's distribution and co-financing partners
• Assess and build brand extension business models as they relate to the Motion Picture Group for gaming, location based entertainment, VR, etc.
• BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience, preferably in financial modeling, management consulting, or banking with an emphasis in entertainment
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel; PowerPoint, Visual Basic, or BPC experience a plus
• Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and manage toward evolving deadlines
• Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency and ability to work extended hours
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
Lionsgate (Lionsgate, NYSE: LGF) is a premier next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, TV programming and syndication, home entertainment, video games and digital distribution. Lionsgate theatrical releases include films developed and produced in-house, co-developed and co-produced, and acquired from third parties. Popular film & TV franchises include The Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight, Mad Men and Orange is the New Black.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online