Lincoln Center for the Performing ArtsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus.
Reporting to the Director of Concert Halls, the Performance Manager is responsible for the Front of House (FOH) management of events in David Geffen and Alice Tully Halls.
• Manage FOH activities for events and performances taking place in David Geffen and Alice Tully Halls. Coordinate with Production Manager(s) to ensure that houses open and programs start on time, late seating is on schedule and intermissions stay within allotted time frames.
• Regularly attend meetings / walk-throughs with potential rental clients gathering and dispensing all pertinent information for event.
• Act as ambassador to FOH for all internal and external clients, maintaining all client satisfaction.
• Hire, schedule, train and manage an ushering staff of 80+, including Ushers, Ticket Takers, Matrons, Porters, and Artist Assistants.
• Complete weekly payroll and monthly attendance records for usher staff. Maintain databases with ushering staff contact information, leave and vacation forms, and other general contact sheets.
• Maintain training in Guest Services, Accessibility procedures, emergency evacuation, medical and life safety issues as they relate to patrons for all special events and performances.
• Work closely with Production, Programming, Sales and Catering departments to advance Lincoln Center produced concerts and Outside Licensee events from preparation to execution.
• Field and resolve patron and client complaints. Work closely with box office personnel to troubleshoot ticket issues and patron complaints while maintaining customer satisfaction and comfort. Verify nightly ticket stub count and communicate numbers to appropriate departments.
• Direct and monitor lobby traffic to ensure maximum ease and comfort, both in entering and exiting facilities, maintaining all public assembly rules and venue capacities.
• Assist in all Accessibility services and monitor patron ease and comfort.
• Work with Security Department to ensure patron safety in a high-profile facility. Schedule house doctors as needed.
• Communicate daily house repairs, safety concerns, heating and cooling issues to technical and facility staff.
• Prepare nightly performance reports of event specifics; maintain fire log and incident reports for insurance purposes.
• Handle other administrative duties as directed.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as a performance manager/house manager in a theater or performance venue.
• Exemplary customer service and hospitality skills combined with the motivation and interest to act as a role model to staff.
• High level of motivation, persistence and patience in working with various groups of people.
• Strong management, organizational and financial management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to act as a diplomatic leader.
• Ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access and knowledge of databases.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk up four flights of stairs, and lift 10 lbs.
• Availability to work long hours, the majority of which are in the evenings and weekends.
• Flexibility regarding work schedule. Weekly schedule is dependent upon concert and event schedule, so hours will vary from week to week.
• Knowledge of classical music is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Performance Manager in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly. Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online