Manager, Venue Sales
Lincoln Center for the Performing ArtsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
The Venue Sales team manages over 500 events annually for a vast array of VIP clients, hosting performances, galas, graduations, film premieres, conferences, product launches, film and television shoots, and social events. The team is committed to professionally representing Lincoln Center as a premier event destination.
The Manager, Venue Sales is responsible for implementing an expansive rental/sales program for numerous diverse Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) facilities including The Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse, the David Rubenstein Atrium. The position is charged with bringing in new clients as well as strengthening relationships with the returning clients and all resident organizations. The Manager will report to the Senior Director, Business Development and Customer Experience.
• Develop and execute strategic sales plans in order to generate over $1M for LCPA facilities, specifically in the Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse and David Rubenstein Atrium
• Evaluate the sales potential of existing relationships and identify areas for improvement and growth
• Manage all marketing elements for the Venue Sales team, including but not limited to, handling all outside licensee clients' branding and marketing opportunities on campus and liaising with the LCPA Marketing Department
• Manage all external, client-facing Venue Sales team Marketing Initiatives, including, but not limited to, maintaining and updating internal microsite, monitoring content on event databases such as BizBash, NYC & Co., etc.
• Maintain and update all reporting from Concert Hall Booking System (ArtsVision) in order to track progress to sales goals
• Conduct site visits and walk throughs with potential clients and provide cost estimates throughout the sales process
• Write event specific contracts and proposals for events as needed, to be reviewed by Lincoln Center senior staff and constituent organizations
• Serve as onsite contact for high-profile events to ensure seamless execution and exceptional client experience
• Administer events from start to finish, acting as the key point of contact among the client and all relevant teams, including but not limited to Production, Accounting, Legal, Performance and Guest Services, Box Office, and Security
• Foster and sustain relationships with repeat clients and key industry contacts to yield repeat business
• 2-3 years of sales and/or marketing experience, with a record of hitting or achieving ambitious sales goals required
• Prior experience working in the performing arts, cultural institutions, or event production strongly preferred
• Outstanding customer service skills and diplomacy
• Exceptional organizational abilities, with strong detail orientation and excellent follow-up skills
• Strong problem solving abilities and motivated by a fast-paced work environment
• Must be a strong relationship builder and team player
• Ability to meticulously manage a heavy volume of emails and phone calls, providing fast and accurate information to clients and other stakeholders
• Experience working with databases required
• Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please list: Manager, Venue Sales in the subject line.**
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system, we automatically include this in the subject line for you.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online