Senior Director, Business and Legal Affairs
Lightworkers Media, OTT, LLCBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Director, Business and Legal Affairs jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Senior Director, Business and Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Lightworkers Media OTT, LLC (''LWM'' or the ''Company'') seeks an experienced digital media attorney to oversee business and legal affairs for the Company's new on-line video and curated content initiative, focusing on faith and family content. LWM is a joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company with a great footprint in the faith and family space and to help LWM launch a customer facing, digital media business. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in a digital content environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
· Content acquisition and production deal memos and agreements
· Production agreements, including production service agreements, talent agreements, releases, location agreements, etc.
· Master Service Agreements and License Agreements with third party vendors
· Intellectual property licenses for logos, trademarks, etc. Chain of title review.
· Acting as point person for risk management issues for production.
· Handling clearance matters (either alone or working with clearance personnel).
· Clearance review of content.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of broad-based entertainment experience in multi-platform content, production, licensing and distribution. Experience with consumer media markets and practical knowledge of the industry (including production and licensing) is required.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work closely with the LWM OTT SVP/GM and all corporate executives, including the General Counsel.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style