VP, Digital Product
LightWorkers Media OTTBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
LightWorkers Media seeks a Vice President of Digital Product for the company's new online video and curated content initiative. LWM is a joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. We produce and curate highly shareable content, both video and editorial, designed to brighten people's days in the areas of entertainment, lifestyle, faith and family. The Vice President of Digital Product will oversee and be responsible for all digital product management across a new web-based, video-rich digital content experience, with dynamic growth plans, including social, mobile and OTT apps. As LightWorkers.com is a start-up venture, the ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, proven expertise in digital product management and media/publishing properties, and is a team player who can collaborate seamlessly across a lean team, and with strategic partners to meet and deliver against deadlines.
This vital role encompasses all elements of a profitable, advertising-backed digital content business, and will rely on expertise in building consumer-facing digital media properties, including growing, and monetizing online communities. The successful candidate for this position will be proactive, deadline-driven, an excellent communicator and excited by the challenges endemic to a digital start-up with premium content, myriad partners, lean staffing and outsized expectations on engagement and growth.
This role will is based in Los Angeles, California, and reports directly to the GM, with an opportunity to not only establish best practices, protocol and processes across product development, but to truly help build and grow a new platform as LightWorkers extends its footprint and voice into the digital space.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with vendors, partners, internal stakeholders and the larger LW organization (Sales, Content, Marketing, Legal, etc.) to achieve team and product goals.
• Work directly with the VP of Content and VP of Revenue to scope and prioritize the team's ongoing platform and product needs (including content discovery, developing new features, fixing bugs, etc.).
• Develop product requirements and specs based on market competition, internal needs and external market opportunities; and explore creative, cost-effective solutions with design and development teams.
• Lead user research activities, such as, user interviews, testing, and analyzing results.
• Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to inform and develop LightWorkers' product strategy and ongoing product roadmap initiatives.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to communicate product strategy, app release progress and launch communications.
• Research emerging technologies to identify new business opportunities for the LightWorkers brand;
• Make strategic decisions regarding when and where to build, partner, license or use market vendors, supported by user and market data.
• Research and report on competitive products in the short-form video distribution space, including other AVOD and SVOD services.
• Conduct competitive analyses of similar and potentially disruptive digital product offerings of other media companies and start-ups.
• Manage a team of product staff, consultants, and freelancers, including the Video Asset Manager, Analyst, Developer(s) and additional product and analytics consultant(s) (e.g. SEO firm, design team, online video platform, ad networks and future commerce partners)
• Manage the third-party development budget and scope.
• 6 years of years of experience with digital media product management, running product teams for major media companies, designing and managing the development process for digital product development, and online consumer behavior.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
• Experience working in the digital video products, video distribution or publishing space.
• Experience with a range of 3rd party video platforms and tools, including OVPs (e.g. Ooyala, Brightcove), analytics (e.g. comScore, Tubular, Google), ad networks (e.g. AdX, Brightroll, Tremor), ad servers (e.g. FreeWheel, DFP).
• Video products on mobile and connected TV space (e.g. Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, etc.).
• Experience managing both video and editorial assets in multiple CMS systems.
• Excellent relationship management along with budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Ability to drive results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight.
• Strong business understanding of the ever-evolving media industry.
• Experience with user/customer research, customer interviews and/or usability testing.
• Experience with the product discovery process and collaborating with users and project teams to test and iterate a concept.
• Experience with establishing and analyzing KPI's/metrics, and being able to make recommendations based on data.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about existing and emerging digital media and ad products, particularly social-, mobile- and video-first experiences.
• Technical competency strongly desired.
• Experience launching subscription and premium products in the US market on multiple platforms a plus.