Light Iron Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Media Archivist works 10am - 7pm.
Supporting the the Media Archival Manager, the Media Archivist verifies final archives of camera negative delivered from set, archives existing material, restores selected material from existing archives, and helps manage local storage. Additional duties may be assigned.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and be flexible to quickly switch priorities as needed.
Should have a strong interest in both the film and television production industries. Candidate should possess a strong sense of responsibility as they will be dealing with irreplaceable original client materials.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, and multitasking
• Extensive experience in Mac environments
• Comfortable in email, Microsoft Office Products, productivity applications, etc.
• Works well in team environments
• Understanding of file-based production and post-production workflows
• Experience with LTO and/or LTFS
• Understanding of checksum hashes
• Experience with simple bash scripting
This position requires occasional lifting and moving of light to medium-weighted objects (10-50 pounds).
We offer competitive pay and a benefits program including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Light Iron, a Panavision company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online