Tour Media Coordinator
Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA)Daytona Beach, FL
Full Time Job
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time, Tour Media Coordinator. This position is responsible for day-to-day functions and strategy of the Communications Department and oversees the onsite Tournament Media Center that helps to enhance and build exposure for the LPGA. The ideal candidate will have prior experience coordinating and managing media events while creating and maintaining positive and proactive relationships with media members. This position will report to the Manager of Tour Media. This position is based in Daytona Beach, FL and will be required to travel around the world for approximately 40% during the calendar year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Develop and partner with media on individual tournament media strategies to ensure maximum exposure for selected events
• Manage and ensure Media Center and all other media related issues run smoothly and efficiently
• Conceptualize, write and publish various communications related documents such as Press Releases, Feature Stories, Tour Press Releases, Player Guides, Fan Book, News Releases, etc.
• Manage and conduct press conferences & interviews for specific LPGA Tournaments
• Write and produce content for LPGA.com
• Create and coordinate content for multiple LPGA social media platforms and the LPGA Online Media Center
• Collaborate with other teammates and senior management to produce LPGA written materials, publications and updated statistics to media members
• Liaison for print, television and radio requests for player interviews
• Research, monitor and measure media coverage
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Sports Management, Journalism or related field required
• At least one (1) year experience in sports communication or media relations desirable; golf background desirable
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate pro-active initiative, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Knowledgeable in use and application of social media sites
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint required
• Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred
• Must be able to travel (international and domestic) extensively for extended periods of time
***Must provide writing samples for review with application submission***
The LPGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, golf and fitness center privileges, access to all of our events and many other great benefits to all full time employees.
We strive for diversity within our workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online