LPGA Tour Media Manager
Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA)Daytona Beach, FL
Full Time Job
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL, is currently seeking a full-time, Tour Media Manager. This position is responsible for building and maintaining solid relationships with the media while helping to execute Communications initiatives for the LPGA. In addition, this candidate will manage all media operations to generate positive coverage and increase awareness of the LPGA, its tournaments, players, partners and other stakeholders. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Tour Media and Operations and will supervise communication coordinators. This position is based in Daytona Beach, FL and will be required to travel approximately 40% during the calendar year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Contribute to growing the overall business and awareness of the LPGA and its stakeholders through an aggressive, proactive approach to securing media coverage
• Oversee and implement onsite media operations at tournaments, handle media requests and inquiries, pro-actively pitch stories and facilitate interviews
• Manage the Online Media Center and other Media Relations IT capabilities to allow for timely, efficient and professionally designed news information and statistics designed for the LPGA's targeted audience
• Work closely with LPGA players and LPGA tournament staff to create, write and execute Corporate Communications, including written materials and publications (News Releases, Player Guide, Fan Book, etc.)
• Serve as Spokesperson for the LPGA when appropriate and develop statements and Q&A documents on key issues
• Oversee the research and analysis of LPGA's media coverage
• Partner with our social media team to support the social media strategy for the LPGA
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Sports Management, Journalism or related field with excellent written and verbal communications skills
• At least five (5) years of experience in a sports communication or media relations position preferred
• Previous experience working in the golf industry is desired, especially in a golf communications role with extensive knowledge of the sport and its participants
• Previous experience managing people strongly preferred
• Demonstrate pro-active initiative, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Knowledgeable in use and application of social media sites
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint required
• Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred
• Must be able to travel extensively, including international and domestic and for extended periods of time
***Must provide writing samples for review with application submission***
The LPGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, golf and fitness center privileges, access to all of our events, and many other great benefits to all full time employees.
We strive for diversity within our workforce. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online