LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Writer postings
Full Time Job
Estrella TV Network Writer
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
iTestigo is an innovative show where the viewers are the main character. Our audience sends us their videos with stories and footage, telling us what is happening nationally and internationally. iTestigo brings to the viewers images that are relevant, informative, impressive, emotional, and inspiring.
Essential Job Functions:
• Write scripts for our Television Program (iTestigo).
• Write introductions for each video and commentary for hosts
• Write show's promos, teasers, bumpers, headlines, and one (1) news story per day
• Source and verify information online for items of interest to our audience
• Contribute ideas to promote the show
• Stay up to date with viral videos and news around the world
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree in Journalism or equivalent.
• Must have creativity and spontaneity.
• Ability to do team work.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Bilingual: Excellent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish and English are required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Environment and Google Apps.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and creative with the ability to multi-task.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocation]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.