LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Tape Operator jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Tape Operator postings
Full Time Job
Estrella TV & KCRA-TV
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The Tape Operator will cue and prepare video inserts into a program. Candidates should have experience in a variety of record/playback systems.
• Control the machine room, operate tape recording equipment, and ensure that the contents of tapes meet the correct technical specifications
• Set up and operate the video tape equipment to record and play back the program
• Read program log to determine when the program will be recorded and when it will be aired
• Responsible for quality control of output media and for quality assessment reports, conversions, digitization, transfers, and duplication of video and audio materials
• Identify what is acceptable for which media and broadcast and their different technical specifications
• Operate, patch and un-patch equipment
• Manage equipment and identify faults
• High School graduate; some college preferred
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
• Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is mandatory.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA. [no relocations]
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid CA Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.