Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
LA ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) provides support at the corporate level and assists executive management in the development of strategic and operating financial plans for LA Clippers LLC. The person in this role works closely with the CFO to build and maintain financial forecasts, budgeting, planning, management reporting, accounting and analytical support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare annual budget and rolling forecasts.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual results providing detailed revenue, margin and expense analyses that draw relevant and meaningful conclusions
• Create integrated financial models to project the company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements under various scenarios.
• Provide revenue forecasting, trend analysis on ticket sales and corporate partnerships.
• Prepare integrated business plans and return on investment financial models for new business opportunities, current product lines and capital projects.
• Compile, research, analyze and utilize LAC and NBA data to provide useful information to aid the organization in achieving its goals.
• Assist with the preparation of materials to be used in management presentations.
• Special projects and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting, as needed.
• Prepare pro forma analysis for upcoming events.
• Track and analyze key operating metrics.
• Support accounting staff as necessary.
• Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Business or Finance degree, preferred.
• Experience in service industry, preferred: sports, advertising, media and events.
• Five (5) to 7 (seven) years in corporate financial planning and analysis required.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze financial statements, create financial models, and a solid understanding of accounting.
• Expert personal computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.