Intern - IT Business Analytics And Reporting
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 4/27/2017 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - IT Business Analytics And Reporting jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Intern - IT Business Analytics And Reporting postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Develops, delivers and supports data analysis solutions to all business departments based on defined requirements. This position will work directly with the Manager of Systems Analysis and the Senior Director of Information Systems. The ideal candidate is a focused, detail oriented and analytical creative problem solver with strong customer service skills. The opportunity provides an excellent learning opportunity for a candidate studying or working towards a career in database administration, data visualization or information sciences. This internship will run from approximately May 15, 2017 to August 15, 2017.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop SQL scripts, database tables and/or views in a SQL server environment
• Develop reporting and analysis with appropriate available tools, including Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services and PowerBI
• Evaluate initial analysis results for accuracy and relevancy, suggesting improvements where necessary
• Review work products with business owners and adjust based on feedback as needed
• Provide assistance with IT projects outside of direct area of responsibility as needed, including helping support pre-game stadium technology preparations
• Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Working towards a degree or career in database architecture, data analysis or information science
• Familiarity and experience with SQL server
• Excellent general computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
• Familiarity with Office365, experience with PowerBI is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively and build effective working relationships with a diverse customer base
• Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results
• Flexibility to work occasional non-standard business hours in support of games and events at the venue, as required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you working towards a degree in database architecture, data analysis or information science?
2. Do you have experience with SQL server?
3. Do you have experience with PowerBI?
4. Are you able to work from approximately May 15, 2017 to August 15, 2017?