Intern - Event Presentation & Production
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Job Summary: Position is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Event Presentation & Production and the Manager of Event Presentation with administrative duties. In addition, this position will assist the Event Presentation & Production (EPP) Department with events (planning, set-up/breakdown, etc.), participate in the brainstorming sessions, and assist in the development and implementation of promotional elements on game days as well as other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director and the Manager of Event Presentation.
• Develop/track public address announcements & promotional scripts
• Manage in-stadium host(s)
• Responsible for coordinating the execution of game-day duties that include pre-game ceremonies and in-stadium/in-game promotions
• Assist and help manage the Royals K Crew and Game Crew
• Develop and execute event presentation duties for annual special events throughout the year (i.e. FanFest, Awards Night, Opening Day, etc.)
• Assist in executing pre-game ceremonies as well as in-game features
• Coordinate event logistics for Event Presentation & Production Department
• Set-up of promotional booths, table locations, signage, etc.
• Conduct industry research
• General office duties
• Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Event Presentation & Production and Manager of Event Presentation
• One year commitment (October 2017 – October 2018)
• Self-starter, pro-active & must be highly motivated
• Passion for sports and entertainment industry
• Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously & meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational, writing & communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Power Point)
• Able to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings & weekends
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work October 2017-October 2018?
2. Are you able to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings & weekends?
3. Do you have computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Power Point)?