KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
KTLA-TV is seeking an experienced and energetic Account Executive to sell multi-platform digital and traditional media for advertising. This position reports to the Digital and Local Sales Managers at KTLA.
• Building and cultivating strong business relationships with dedicated digital and traditional ad agencies, and direct with new clients.
• Success is measured by advertising revenue growth and returning clients.
• Attaining the greatest share of available local advertising dollars for the station through the sale of commercial television spots, specials and sports at the highest attainable rates to advertising agencies and their clients.
• Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with assigned/designated agencies and clients through frequent contact in person or by telephone and to promote the station and sell available air time.
• Prepare sales presentations to sell commercial airtime utilizing available in-house ratings research materials, knowledge of the agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available station commercial time.
• Gain a deep working knowledge of Tribune digital products and audiences and how to effectively deploy them for our customer(s) benefit
• Contributing to a positive culture of success
• Providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting on a weekly basis
• Proactively managing sales activity, pipeline, and lead generation to levels that achieve budgeted goals
• Work with Sales Managers, and News on co-branded station integrations
• Building and maintaining a positive reputation within our industry, one based on service, integrity and growth
• Minimum of 2-4 years buying/selling television/radio/digital advertising in a major market, Los Angeles preferred.
• Requires demonstrable knowledge of the local market, rating services, new business development, multimedia, available research tools and other means for creating non-traditional revenue i.e.(internet, digital, etc.).
• Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze the market, package, price and sell available air time.
• Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with negotiate and influence internal and external contacts.
• Requires the ability to analyze the market and effectively sell available airtime to meet established financial goals and market share.
• Demonstrate a high level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including mobile, programmatic, native advertising, social media advertising, audio/video and OTT services.
• Excellent oral and written communication, including the ability to present effectively in order to ''close the deal''.
• Self-motivated, proactive individual capable of working collaboratively as a member of the sales team as well as independently.
• A curious and creative mind!