Master Control Operator
KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Part-Time Master Control Operator
Operations – Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to - SOC Manager
FLSA classification - Non-exempt
KSTU FOX 13 a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for a Part-Time Master Control Operator to work in our Salt Lake City Operation Center. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast automation systems and/or strong computer skills or IT experience. Experience working in a broadcast hub facility is highly desired.
• Available for all shifts 8am to 4pm, 4pm to 12am, and 12am to 8am. ON CALL.
• Monitors the automation system for proper event execution
• Prepares syndicated programming, runs commercial breaks during newscasts and high-value network and sports programming
• Accurately checks every aspect of each log in the automation system
• Keeps all stations in compliance with FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, closed captioning logs and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act
• Verifies material airing via the program log; researches and contacts appropriate source for missing material
• Monitors transmitters and tower lights under the FCC regulations
• Other duties as assigned
• College degree in Telecommunications preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 2 years in Master Control preferred, experience in a master control HUB desired
• Must be capable of using IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
• Computer knowledge, familiarity with server playback and recording, and automation systems preferred
• Knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems preferred
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media.
Tribune Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.