KSTU-Fox 13Salt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2017 1:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Maintenance Engineer jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Maintenance Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Engineering Dept.—KSTU Salt Lake City
Reports to: Director of Technology
This proactive individual will succeed in troubleshooting, repair, installation and preventive maintenance of broadcast equipment. Person should have strong expertise in TV broadcast systems including IT/LAN infrastructure, studio, control room, master control, , wireless mics and newsroom equipment including non-linear editing systems, field cameras and ENG trucks. Provide technical support and assistance for hub based operation.
• Maintain station equipment through preventive maintenance and repair.
• Installation, wiring and documentation for broadcast equipment, automation, IT servers, switches and routers.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of computer systems. Hardware repairs/Software installations, updates.
• Perform on-site user support for desktop PC’s, MAC and other computer related issues.
• Troubleshoot transmission of satellite/RF microwave truck/bonded cellular devices.
• Assist news department with support for non-linear editing systems, FTP, basic live truck repairs.
• Have basic understanding of technical documents and drawings.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT, electronics or television environment or similar.
• Ability to troubleshoot/ repair broadcast equipment including computer systems, ENG cameras,
• Wireless devices, video monitoring systems, routers, patch panels.
• Working knowledge of HD equipment including encoders/decoders, digital distribution of A/V.
• Use of audio/video/data test equipment such as digital waveform-spectrum analyzer.
• Demonstrated IT experience with basic server, networking topology and operating systems.
• Work with management team on design, installation and integration of digital broadcast technology.
• Amateur radio operator, FCC license, Cisco/Microsoft/SBE certifications all a plus.
• Good hand dexterity with ability to climb ladders, work in high or tight spots, occasionally lift up to 50 lbs, mechanical skills a plus.
• Excellent problem solving abilities and skill in prioritizing issues.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity